Signs continue to point to Tony Romo landing with Texans
Former NFL executive Michael Lombardi believes the Houston Texans can easily get a cap-friendly deal done with Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo once he’s released.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again, I doubt that Romo’s biggest concern is how much money he’s going to make. All he cares about right now is winning a Super Bowl before his career ends.
I’m still trying to figure out why Texans’ fans are opposed to signing Romo. It would be a no-lose situation for Houston.
This team is ready to win now. Now is the time to make a Super Bowl run. They can’t make that run with Brock Osweiler, Tom Savage or some rookie starting next season.
I do believe that the Texans also need to draft a quarterback as they continue to search for their future franchise quarterback. But they can’t ignore the fact that they were two wins away from the Super Bowl this past season.