Report: Texans ignored Jay Cutler’s calls
The Houston Texans didn’t even bother talking to Jay Cutler.
It was reported not to long ago that instead of signing free agent quarterback Jay Cutler, the Texans and head coach Bill O’Brien decided to go with Tom Savage as their starter heading into the upcoming season.
Here is something I missed during this past weekend’s NFL draft.
It turns out that Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported during the draft on Saturday that the Texans ignored Cutler’s calls.
From the Chicago Tribune:
"Veteran NFL quarterback Jay Cutler still is looking for a new team after the Chicago Bears cut him following last season, and he reportedly had an interest in playing for the Houston Texans. But NFL Network’s Ian Rapoport said Saturday during draft coverage that the Texans never even returned his calls."
This comes as a surprise to me.
I would have thought that the Texans would at least pick up the phone and let Cutler know that they’re not interested right now and if things change they will contact him.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Now that the Texans drafted quarterback Deshaun Watson in the first round of this year’s draft, there is no doubt that they will not attempt to sign either Cutler or even Colin Kaepernick.