Is Patrick Mahomes the top quarterback on the Houston Texans’ draft board?
We already mentioned that the Texans brought in Texas Tech quarterback Patrick Mahomes for a pre-draft visit on Sunday and he’ll continue to meet with them today.
It now sounds like Mahomes might be Houston’s top choice when it comes to quarterbacks in this year’s draft.
Tom Pelissero of USA TODAY Sports says that Texans head coach Bill O’Brien loves Mahomes.
With the NFL draft almost a week away, this could be true or it could be a smoke screen by the Texans.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
ESPN NFL draft expert Todd McShay recently stated that he doesn’t believe there are any quarterbacks in this year’s class that are a good fit for O’Brien and the Texans.
That is of course McShay’s opinion and the Texans and O’Brien may not agree.
While Mahomes likely wouldn’t start right away for the Texans, O’Brien could see a lot of potential in him as long as he’s given the time he needs to develop Mahomes.
The great news is that Mahomes already has the arm strength to be great in the NFL, the things he needs to work on like his foot work as well as breaking some bad habits, are fixable.
Comment below and let us know what you think of Mahomes.