Report: Tony Romo to be released Thursday
The chase for Tony Romo is about to begin.
After waiting for two months, Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo will finally become a free agent tomorrow and which will allow him to decide on where he wants to finish his NFL career.
Jason La Canfora of CBS Sports is reporting that the Cowboys will release Romo on Thursday.
Of course the Houston Texans and Denver Broncos are the front-runners to sign Romo.
We mentioned on Tuesday that the Kansas City Chiefs are out of the race for Romo, so as of right now it’s a two team competition for his services.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
The Broncos can offer Romo more money, but playing for the Texans would allow him to keep his family in Texas since he would only be playing about three hours away from Dallas.
If the Texans are unable to sign Romo, the belief is that they would then pursue quarterback Jay Cutler once he gets released by the Bears.
Next: One team out of the running for Tony Romo
As much as some people hate Cutler, he would be an upgrade over Brock Osweiler and Tom Savage.
Comment below and let us know who you think will be the Texans starting quarterback in 2017.