4 possible landing spots for A.J.Bouye
Whether they want to admit it or not, the Panthers really missed cornerback Josh Norman last season after trading him to Washington.
It seemed like Carolina’s corners were getting beat left and right as their Super Bowl slump led to a 6-10 record and last place in the NFC South.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
- Celebrate an amazing career with a new JJ Watt shirt from BreakingT
Despite a bad year in 2016, the Panthers still have to be an attractive destination for free agents, given the fact they have quarterback Cam Newton who was voted NFL MVP in 2015.
It feels like it was 10 years ago already, but the Panthers were just in the Super Bowl almost 13 months ago. That’s not a very long time at all. They’re still legitimate contenders.
The fact of the matter is that a big reason the Panthers made it to Super Bowl 50 was their defense. Bouye can help them get back on top.
Carolina will have around $53 million in cap space to work with this offseason. Which is plenty of money to sign A.J. Bouye and still take care of other needs they might have.
With Bouye being from Georgia and playing his college ball down at Central Florida, I’m sure he wouldn’t mind playing in North Carolina, which would bring him a little closer to home.