Maybe A.J. Bouye won’t cash in as a free agent.
Jason Cole of Bleacher Report says that many NFL general managers are intrigued by Houston Texans cornerback A.J. Bouye as he gets ready to become a free agent next month.
General managers are intrigued by two things when it comes to Bouye.
“He plays a premium position and is coming off of an excellent year in which he was the number three graded cornerback by Pro Football Focus,” said Cole.
Cole then talked about the second thing that GM’s are intrigued by.
“Bouye has never shown the signs of this type of play in the first three seasons of his career after being signed as an undrafted player by Houston in 2013. GM’s wants to believe the tape, but still have concerns about paying big,” he said.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
- Celebrate an amazing career with a new JJ Watt shirt from BreakingT
This is actually good news for the Texans.
While Bouye is expected to cash in this offseason, if enough teams aren’t willing to pay him a lot of money, it could make it easier for Houston to re-sign him.
My guess is that Bouye likely won’t get close to the $15 million salary of Washington star cornerback Josh Norman, I do think he could get a deal that pays him $10-12 million a year. That would still be quite a bit of money for the Texans to pay out.
Comment below. Do you think the Texans will be able to keep Bouye?