Oct 8, 2015; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans defensive end Jadeveon Clowney (90) prior to the game against the Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Matthew Emmons-USA TODAY Sports
Game: New Orleans Saints (4-6) at Houston Texans (5-5)
Prediction: The Texans have had tons of recent success, especially on the defensive side of the ball. They’ve turned the proverbial corner, and look to improve on their #8 ranking in total defense to this point in the season. Look for a few more forced turnovers and stout 3rd down defense to keep their momentum alive.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
The offense is facing their easiest challenge so far of the current win streak. Despite a poor record, Tennessee actually has a good defense. The Bengals and Jets are of course tops in the league, and the Saints are arguably the worst in the NFL. With Brian Hoyer returning, and O’Brien not afraid to change things up, I fully expect the Texans to hang up at least 31 points against a reeling Saints team.
This is a must-win with the gauntlet of games coming up on the schedule, and the Texans should be fully prepared for that. I expect a great showing and a solid victory.
Final score: Houston Texans 35, New Orleans Saints 14