Apr 30, 2015; Chicago, IL, USA; Kevin Johnson (Wake Forest) poses for a photo after being selected as the number 16th overall pick to the Houston Texans in the first round of the 2015 NFL Draft at the Auditorium Theatre of Roosevelt University. Mandatory Credit: Dennis Wierzbicki-USA TODAY Sports
The Houston Texans stayed put in round one on Thursday night and selected cornerback Kevin Johnson, out of Wake Forest with the 16th overall selection. For the choice, we here at the Toro Times decided the Houston front office made a good choice and gave the front office a B for the move.
More from Houston Texans Draft
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans: What fans have to look forward to in 2023
- Houston Texans news: Hold on first draft pick weakens, Bryce Young still the choice, more
- Believe it or not, the Texans are better than their record would Indicate
Admittedly, initial draft grades can be unreliable as so much goes into the success of a player from scheme fit, to team need, etc. However, it is still worth noting whether the team has addressed a need, found top level talent and used their assets to move around on draft day.
Let’s take an in-depth look at the moves made by the Texans on Friday night.
Next: Grade For The Texans Second Round Pick