The Houston Texans made a deal with the Cleveland Browns to take Mississippi State linebacker Benardrick McKinney and the Fansided team was there to catch up with the 6’5″ linebacker and see how he is feeling on the biggest night of his young life.
More from Houston Texans Draft
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans: What fans have to look forward to in 2023
- Houston Texans news: Hold on first draft pick weakens, Bryce Young still the choice, more
- Believe it or not, the Texans are better than their record would Indicate
Mark Carman asked McKinney about the entire process of being drafted to which McKinney replied that the most important thing to him was knowing he had the support of his family throughout the entire process.
Although he was happy to be taken where he was, McKinney admitted that nerves were getting the best of him as he continued to check his phone waiting and hoping for a call/
After finally being selected the big man said emotions got the best of him and he cried, although he said he wouldn’t. He admits his eyes were probably still red during the interview.
Showing that he understand he can learn from one of the best, the topic is brought up about how the SEC standout hopes current Texan star defensive end J.J. Watt takes him under his wing and teaches him all he can.
Carmen then threw out the tough question asking McKinney to choose his favorite fast food joint between McDonald’s, Wendy’s and Burger King. To find out what the big guy chooses, you’ll have to check out the video below.