GIF: DeAndre Hopkins scores 76-yard TD for Texans
Sep 7, 2014; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins (10) runs for a touchdown during the first half against the Washington Redskins at NRG Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Kevin Jairaj-USA TODAY Sports
In the second quarter on Sunday against the Washington Redskins, Houston Texans second-year wide receiver DeAndre Hopkins had a 76-yard touchdown reception thrown by veteran quarterback Ryan Fitzpatrick.
The 76-yard touchdown was his career-high reception. Last year as a rookie he had a catch for 66 yards.
Hopkins broke away in single coverage, and avoided a tackle attempt by the Redskins to reach the end zone for six points. The TD by Hopkins eventually gave the Texans a 7-6 lead in the second quarter.
The drive totaled 89 yards and four plays.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
As the game went to halftime, the Texans led 14-6 following a second TD score by Houston, with that one coming off a blocked punt and touchdown by Alfred Blue, who is making his NFL debut as a rookie.
Last season as a rookie, Hopkins had 802 yards on 52 receptions. He finished his rookie season with two touchdowns. Hopkins in ’13 averaged 50.1 yards per game, plus 15.4 yards per reception.
Thanks for FanSided GIF for the GIF post. Follow FanSided GIF on Twitter @FanSidedGIF.