Aug 29, 2013; Foxborough, MA, USA; New England Patriots quarterback Ryan Mallett (15) at the line of scrimmage against the New York Giants during the second quarter at Gillette Stadium. Mandatory Credit: Stew Milne-USA TODAY Sports
The Texans head coach Bill O’Brien and Mallett have some history as he played his rookie season under O’Brien when he was with the Patriots as the offensive coordinator, before leaving to become the head coach at Penn State.
Would you want Ryan Mallett as QB?
If this were to happen for the right price I have no problems with it, plus it makes some sense. The Texans would be getting a player who has been learning the NFL game under Tom Brady, which is a big plus. He also know the offensive system and has potential to be the starting QB for the Texans.
An article from CSN New England reports:
"“One source reports that a Ryan Mallett-to-the-Texans trade may completed soon. According to that source, the Patriots will receive a third-round pick in return. Another source, however, says nothing is doing at the moment on Mallett to Houston.”"
He would be like drafting a rookie, but with the knowledge of three years of learning under the Patriots.
More from Houston Texans Draft
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans: What fans have to look forward to in 2023
- Houston Texans news: Hold on first draft pick weakens, Bryce Young still the choice, more
- Believe it or not, the Texans are better than their record would Indicate
What are your thoughts on this potential trade?
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here