Aug 30, 2012; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans helmet on the sidelines against the Minnesota Vikings in the fourth quarter at Reliant Stadium. The Texans defeated the Vikings 28-24. Mandatory Credit: Brett Davis-USA TODAY Sports
Sports Illustrated NFL writer Don Banks has previewed the draft for all 32 NFL teams, including the AFC South.
The Indianapolis Colts are the reigning champions of the division, as they were 11-5 overall last season. In the division the Colts were a perfect 6-0.
Colts were 6-0 in AFC South games in ’13
Next were the Tennessee Titans at 7-9 overall and 2-4 in the division. They were followed by the Jacksonville Jaguars at 4-12 overall and 3-3 in the division.
The Houston Texans finished 2-14 overall for the worst record in the NFL, with a division mark of 1-5, with their lone AFC South win coming in Week 2 against the Tennessee Titans.
As for the the draft, the Texans will select No. 1 overall in the first round, while the Jaguars hold the third overall selection. The Titans will draft 11th and the Colts traded their first-round pick during the 2013 regular season to the Cleveland Browns. In return the Colts received running back Trent Richardson.
More from Houston Texans Draft
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans: What fans have to look forward to in 2023
- Houston Texans news: Hold on first draft pick weakens, Bryce Young still the choice, more
- Believe it or not, the Texans are better than their record would Indicate
Listed are the draft positions of all four AFC S0uth teams with videos by Banks.
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here