Who should the Houston Texans draft No. 1 overall?
- Johnny Manziel, QB (Texas A&M) (76%, 688 Votes)
- Jadeveon Clowney, DE (South Carolina) (18%, 160 Votes)
- Khalil Mack, LB (Buffalo) (3%, 31 Votes)
- Other (2%, 18 Votes)
- Blake Bortles, QB (Central Florida) (1%, 7 Votes)
Total Voters: 904
It seems fans are split as to what the Houston Texans need to do with the No. 1 overall selection of the 2014 NFL Draft, as we are just nine days away from the selection.
I believe the Texans need to go defense in the first round. Others believe the Texans need to draft offense, namely a quarterback.
Some of us are big believers in drafting South Carolina defensive end Jadeveon Clowney. There are also those who are supporters of drafting a quarterback No. 1 overall, especially Texas A&M quarterback Johnny Manziel.
Others want the Texans to trade down and get more picks in the Top 40 of this draft, and there are those who want Buffalo linebacker Khalil Mack or Central Florida quarterback Blake Bortles with the first round pick.
Whomever the Texans draft in nine short days, it will cause much debate, that is no secret. So who do you want to be the next Texans player and why? We really want to know. It makes this entire process more enjoyable.
The Texans could be better instantly with Clowney, or if we are about patience, a pick of a QB first overall could eventually make the team better in the long run. But, who is to say if the Texans take Clowney or Mack they wouldn’t be better not only instantly, but for years to come as well?
A great defense in the NFL wins the championship over a great offense. That was proven this past season.
We all have out own opinion on what should happen in the draft … let us know yours. That is what makes all of this wait before the draft, and football in general, that much more fun.
In other Texans news:
• Not really news, but here is a countdown clock to the NFL draft.
• Here is a look at defensive backs in the draft, via the Ultimate Texans site.
• Speaking of Manziel, Philadelphia Eagles head coach Chip Kelly is a big fan of Manziel, as written in a Pro Football Talk article.
Subscribe to the FanSided Toro Times Daily Newsletter for free by clicking here