Austin Reiter’s experience would anchor the Houston Texans’ offensive line.
Austin Reiter, the Super Bowl LIV champion center is still out there on the market. A former 7th round pick by the Washington Football Team, Reiter has made himself one of the better centers in the league. Knowing how to give Patrick Mahomes time and know when Mahomes was out of the pocket takes a long time to learn.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
The current depth chart shows former Arizona Cardinal Cole Turner as the starter, but in my time writing for Raising Zona, the team should cut Cole Toner. Former Seattle Seahawk Justin Britt is behind him, but Reiter would be the “Reit” choice.
Reiter possesses the ability to work from the shotgun, quarterback the offensive line, and has worked against some tough competition in the playoffs. It would be a tremendous signing for the Houston Texans if they could reel Reiter in.