Houston has a Texans quarterback problem on their hands, and it does not appear to be going anywhere anytime soon. Their disgruntled quarterback Deshaun Watson wants out, and the front office is not willing to budge. This is going to come to a crash course between the two sides and it is not going to be pretty.
New general manager Nick Caserio has his work cut out for him in his first year with the franchise, including overhauling the culture. Will he need to find a new quarterback this offseason as well? If Watson’s time is over there are a few gunslingers in the league who have a connection to Caserio.
Here are four options for the Texans quarterback crisis this upcoming season.
1. Deshaun Watson to remain Texans quarterback
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
The first and best case scenario for the Texans is to keep Watson under center not only in 2021, but for the foreseeable future. However, we are no longer in the era where players are expected to keep their mouths shut and play a sport. Players have the right to improve their situation, and have every right to voice their concerns.
The optics in Houston are tumultuous, especially with Jack Easterby running the show for the Texans. You cannot fault an elite, young player for wanting to take his talents somewhere else to capitalize on what is a blip on the radar of a career. Can the Texans work things out with Watson? We can hope for the best, but it does not look good.
Who are some other options in the worse case scenario?