2019 Houston Texans Offseason Tracker: Trades, Free Agent Signings, NFL Draft Picks
Free Agency: Returning Texans
• Jadeveon Clowney, OLB: The Texans kept their former No. 1 overall pick by placing the franchise tag on him. The 2019 season, Clowney will earn $15.967 million as the Texans and Clowney continue to work on a long-term contract.
• Joe Webb, QB: Staying with the Texans for another season is Webb, who agreed to a one-year contract for $1.02 million, with a $900,000 signing bonus according to OvertheCap.com. Webb also plays special teams to go with his reserve role with the quarterbacks.
• Brandon Dunn, DT: The defensive tackle Dunn gained a restricted free agent tender offer for one season at $2.025 million. Dunn has played in the NFL for five seasons and parts of the past four with the Texans. In 2018, Dunn totaled 24 tackles, four tackles for loss and one forced fumble in 10 starts (14 games).
• Seantrel Henderson, OT: Henderson signed a one-year deal with the Texans this offseason, where he’ll receive a $1 million base salary, plus a few bonuses depending on game time and whether other aspects of the season are met. Henderson joined the Texans in 2018 after four seasons with the Buffalo Bills.
• Angelo Blackson, DT: The defensive lineman will be with the Texans for the next three seasons after signing a contract extension for $12 million. Playing four years in the NFL, the past two with the Texans, Blackson has a career total of 54 games played (seven starts) with 3.5 sacks and 57 total tackles.
• DeAndre Carter, WR: Playing for both the Texans and Philadelphia Eagles in 2018, Carter totaled 26 punt returns for 249 yards. He also had 19 kickoff returns for 425 yards. Carter signed a one-year contract for $570,000 this offseason.
• Brennan Scarlett, OLB: The linebacker Scarlett signed a one-year contract with the Texans for $2.025 million after spending the past three seasons with the franchise. Scarlett has made eight starts in the 30 games he has played in for the Texans. In those games, he has 54 total tackles, one interception, four passes defensed, two sacks, seven tackles for loss and five QB hits.
• Joel Heath, DT: Heath signed a one-year deal with Houston for $1.61 million for the 2019 season. Heath has played with the Texans for the past three seasons and in ’18 finished with two tackles in five games played. Heath has 15 career starts in 30 games.
• Ka’imi Fairbairn, K: The Texans will have the same kicker as last season, signing a one-year deal for $3.095 million. In 2018, Fairbairn kicked in all 16 regular-season games, where he was 37-of-42 on field goal attempts, including 4-of-6 from 50-plus yards. He was also 39-of-41 on extra-point attempts.