4. Ty Nsekhe, RT, Washington Redskins
Ty Nsekhe is far from a long-term option for the Houston Texans at right tackle, but is he an improvement from last season.
However, despite being 33 years old, the former Texas State right tackle should be able to gain some interest from offensive tackle-needy teams in free agency for being one of the best swing tackles in the NFL during his tenure with the Washington Redskins.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
In 2018 alone, Nsekhe finished his year with a Pro Football Focus grade of 67.8, which is good for 43rd in the NFL amongst all tackles (both right and left). Yet, Nsekhe is much more than his grade, as he has been able to play all offensive line positions other than center well. Although, his 6-8, 325-pound frame is surely better suited to play tackle.
Texans General Manager Brian Gaine has emphasized versatility along the offensive line and Nsekhe fits that mold perfectly. He would present himself as an immediate upgrade to any right tackle on the Texans roster, that is for certain.
Nsekhe would be an excellent stop-gap to whoever is the future at the position, while his market should be around $4 million for a one or two year contract.