More To Talk About
• Will Fuller had a nice game for the Texans, leading the team with six receptions for 68 yards. He was targeted eight times by Deshaun Watson and overall bounced back after a couple tough weeks.
• Also, DeAndre Hopkins played well with Jalen Ramsey shadowing him all game. Hopkins made a great one-handed catch down the sideline and finished the day with three receptions for 50 yards and one touchdown.
• The “Honey Badger” Tyrann Mathieu came to play on Sunday (as he does every week) with an interception and one pass defensed. He also totaled five tackles and had a sack. This free agent signing from the offseason has really helped the defense of the Texans, and they are just continuing to get better.
• Whitney Mercilus showed up on the stat sheet with four tackles and his first sack of the season. Where Watt didn’t get the numbers, Mercilus came on strong and made his name recognized on Sunday. His sack was huge for the Texans, and hopefully that continues this Thursday night against Brock Osweiler and the Miami Dolphins.
• Another good outing for the Texans was kicker Ka’imi Fairbairn with a 2-for-2 day from field goals and 2-for-2 on extra points. Fairbairn has become a reliable kicker this season, and hopefully he keeps up with that path.
• Just a thought … Is Texans coach Bill O’Brien still on the hot seat after his team has gained four straight wins? If the Texans keep winning and stay in the lead of the AFC South, would all be forgiven after the terrible 0-3 start? It is just a thought, but wins cure a lot of the bad in the NFL.