• Andre Hal made the complete recovery from cancer and Sunday he made his season debut. Hal finished with one tackle, but this was about more than football. It was great to see Hal back on the field again, and even more so, back healthy.
• Jadeveon Clowney played like a star defensive end should play like on Sunday with two sacks and a fumble recovery. Clowney was a huge difference maker in the win for the Texans as he helped propel the Texans defense to holding the Jaguars to just seven points for the game.
• Zach Cunningham continues to be a tackle machine for the Texans, leading the way with eight solo tackles and two assisted tackle. He also forced a fumble in the 20-7 win over the Jaguars. In the four wins this season, Cunningham has 40 tackles, but in the three losses he totaled 21 tackles. In each of the past three games, Cunningham has no less than 10 combined tackles.
• The Texans held the lead after the first quarter and even better held the lead after every quarter, which has been a rarity this season. The Texans didn’t have to gain the lead in the fourth quarter or overtime for the first time this season to gain the win.
• In a bit of a surprise, the Texans allowed just one sack from their offensive line, which is excellent when your quarterback is having issues with his chest and lungs. Watson rode a bus to the game instead of flying to Jacksonville, according to reports.
• Maybe the best part of the offense was Lamar Miller rushing for 100 yards in the victory. Miller had 22 carries for exactly 100 yards and one touchdown. Not only was this the first time Miller had 100 yards rushing on the season, but it was also his first rushing touchdown as well in ’18.