Houston Texans: Practice squad update
The Houston Texans made a roster transaction to their 10-man practice squad prior to Week 4.
With the promotion of offensive tackle David Sharpe, the Houston Texans had a vacant roster spot on the practice squad. This week, they decided to bring wide receiver Malachi Dupre back into the fold.
Dupre and current Texans general manager Brian Gaine share somewhat of a relationship as they were both with the Buffalo Bills in 2017. Dupre was in the Bills practice squad while Gaine served as the vice president of player personnel where he kept tabs with players.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Last week Dupre was released by the Texans when they opted to sign wide receiver Isaac Whitney to the practice squad, but he is now back with the organization after spending a short stint unemployed.
Since entering the league in 2017 after being selected by the Green Bay Packers in the seventh round of the NFL Draft, Dupre now joins Isaac Whitney and Jester Weah as the third wide receiver on the Texans practice squad. The Texans currently have these players on the practice squad:
- Davin Bellamy, outside linebacker
- Breon Borders, cornerback
- Andre Chachere, cornerback
- Mike Tyson, cornerback
- Kyle Fuller, guard
- Chad Slade, guard
- Matt Lengel, tight end
- Malachi Dupre, wide receiver
- Jester Weah, wide receiver
- Isaac Whitney, wide receiver
The Texans are doing their due diligence and adding talent at wide receiver with all the injuries occurring at that respective position on the active roster. DeAndre Hopkins, Will Fuller, Sammie Coates and Keke Coutee are all dealing with different ailments.
The Texans will continue to make changes to their practice squad as they continue to work on adding players that can compete and are capable of replacing players that have dealt with injuries or lack of good performances on the active roster.
Houston has already promoted offensive tackles Roderick Johnson and Sharpe from their practice squad due to issues at that position as they continue to work on their roster before their Week 4 game against the Indianapolis Colts.