Deshaun Watson brings home another award.
Not only is Houston Texans’ rookie quarterback and former University of Clemson star Deshaun Watson a National Champion, but he also just won an award from the ACC.
The Atlantic Coast Conference (ACC) has announced that former University of Clemson quarterback Deshaun Watson has been named the 2016 male athlete of the year.
Watson also won this same award last year.
"Clemson All-America quarterback Deshaun Watson joins two-sport standout Kenzie Kent of Boston College as the top male and female ACC athletes for the 2016-17 academic year, as voted upon by the Atlantic Coast Sports Media Association (ACSMA)."
During his final season at Clemson, Watson racked up 4,593 yards through the air and 41 touchdown as he helped the Tigers defeat Alabama to win the national championship.
Watson also won the Davey O’Brien award in 2015 as the nation’s top quarterback in college football.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
In 2016 Watson brought was awarded the Manning Award which is given to the quarterback who’s considered to be the best in the United States.
Watson was a runner-up for the 2016 Heisman Trophy to Louisville’s Lamar Jackson.
Not winning the Heisman is not a bad thing since many Heisman winners don’t live up to the hype once they get to the NFL.