NFL.com names 2017 MVP hopeful for Texans
Jadeveon Clowney could establish himself as the Texans’ best player.
There so much talent on the 2017 Houston Texans roster that it’s hard to predict who their MVP will be for the upcoming season.
Elliott Harrison of NFL.com has gone out on a limb and came up with an MVP for every NFL team for the upcoming 2017 season.
When it comes to the Texans, Harrison chose pass rusher Jadeveon Clowney.
Here’s what Harrison wrote:
"Going out on limb, but hear me out. Clowney was running around in opposing backfields like a kid at a public swimming pool late last year. J.J. Watt is back, which means Clowney could face a ton of single blocking. And Watt might be a year away from being his dominant MVP-like self."
Despite the fact that Watt is coming back after missing almost the entire 2016 season, I believe Clowney could emerge as the Texans’ best defensive player.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
I don’t expect Watt to be his former self this season. At least for the first half of the year. Maybe he’ll emerge as the season goes on, but nothing is a guarantee as this point.
With that being the case, like Harrison, I believe that Clowney will end up being the Texans’ MVP.
Leave a comment below and tell us who you think will be the Texans’ MVP this coming season.