Donald Trump believes in Houston Texans’ rookie Deshaun Watson.
The University of Clemson football team visited President Donald Trump at the White House on Monday after winning the 2016 College Football National Championship this past January.
Trump had some good things to say about Houston Texans’ rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson, who led the Tigers to a huge win over the University of Alabama to win last year’s national title.
"“He’s going to be a great NFL player,” Trump said during the ceremony.“Offensive MVP, quarterback Deshaun Watson, took some very, very hard hits. But he never rattled,” Trump said. “He’s great under pressure. I’ve seen that I’ve heard that. He always got right back up. And he fought, and he fought, and he kept winning. Now he’ll bring that toughness together to the Houston Texans.”"
Trump is right, despite taking some brutal hits during the national title game, Watson kept coming back for more and never gave up.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
Watson’s toughness will serve him well in the NFL.
It’s very important for quarterbacks in the NFL to be resilient and not back down from difficult situations. Watson has the character to be very successful at the next level.
All we can do is hope that President Trump is right and Watson turns out to be a great NFL quarterback.