Who knew Deshaun Watson’s Houston Texans’ jersey would be selling the way it is?
There’s no doubt that Houston Texans’ rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson is one of the most popular first-year NFL players.
But I had no idea Watson was this popular.
NFL.com has released their latest jersey sale rankings and Watson’s jersey is the 5th highest selling jersey in the league. He actually also leads all rookies.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Watson is only behind Dallas Cowboys’ running back Ezekiel Elliott (No. 4), Cowboys’ quarterback Dak Prescott (No. 3), New England Patriots quarterback Tom Brady (No. 2), and Oakland Raiders running back Marshawn Lynch who comes in at No. 1.
The only other rookie that made the NFL.com’s top-25 is Pittsburgh Steelers running back James Conner, who came in at No. 11.
The one thing that really helps Watson is that the Texans have one of the strongest fan bases in the NFL.
Another thing that helps is that Watson is the best quarterback Houston has drafted since David Carr.
Of course Carr didn’t pan out, but he gave Texans’ fans hope the same way Watson does now.
If Watson does work out and end up becoming the Texans’ franchise quarterback, his jersey sales will be through the roof.