I wouldn’t expect Devon Still to re-sign with the Houston Texans.
Free agent defensive lineman Devon Still only recorded three tackles last season for the Texans before landing on season-ending injured reserve in early October due to a foot injury.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media reported on Twitter that Still is almost fully healthy after undergoing surgery.
"Ex-#Texans DL Devon Still, recovering from October Lisfranc surgery, is nearing full health, source said. Will have options when cleared."
When Still does get healthy, I wouldn’t expect the Texans to call him unless one of their current defensive lineman goes down with an injury.
My belief is that with the Texans using a fourth round pick on former Clemson defensive lineman Carlos Watkins in this year’s draft, it pretty much closed the door on Still coming back.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Still has primarily been a back up during his NFL career. He’s played in 30 games without any starts during his first three years with the Cincinnati Bengals. And didn’t start any of the three games he appeared in for the Texans last season.
Still will likely land with another NFL team, but he may have to wait until someone goes down with an injury during the summer.