Houston Texans quarterback Deshaun Watson will need to come up with a new celebration.
It almost seemed like the NFL was ready to completely get rid of celebrations in 2016.
The good news is that the league has changed there minds a bit and will allow players to do things like “snow angels,” use the ball as a prop, group celebrations and so on.
But, the NFL will not allow players to conduct any “violent” celebrations like shooting guns or arrows.
Unfortunately this will affect Texans rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson. As you can see in the GIF below, Watson would often act like he was shooting arrows during his time at Clemson.
Even though the celebration is legal in college football, it’s still illegal in the NFL.
With Watson starting a new chapter in his football career, he’ll need to now figure out a new celebration.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Watson hasn’t commented on this minor issue. I’m sure someone from the local Houston media will ask him about it at some point.
I don’t believe Watson is foolish enough to test the NFL and do his celebration even though it’s against league rules.
Comment below and tell us what kind of celebration Watson should do when he makes big plays for the Texans.