Can Houston Texans’ rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson be as good as Aaron Rodgers?
Green Bay Packers quarterback Aaron Rodgers was asked about Texans’ rookie quarterback Deshaun Watson while attending a South Carolina golf tournament this past week.
Rodgers had some nice things to say about Watson, which left the rookie grateful for Rodgers’ comments.
From Jovan Buha of ESPN.com:
"Texans rookie QB Deshaun Watson on Aaron Rodgers’ recent praise of his game in an interview: “It’s awesome. … I really appreciate that. I appreciate him. I’m a huge fan. I love his game. Hopefully one day I get to meet him.”"
With the Texans not scheduled to face the Packers this season, Watson can only hope to meet Rodgers while at an event during the season.Possibly the Super Bowl if neither team is participating in the game.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
I’m not saying Watson is going to be as good as Rodgers, but he has the chance to be. He can be that same kind of player because of his ability to move around with his legs and extend plays.
What also makes Rodgers so great is that while using his legs to move the chains, he rarely puts himself in danger and will almost always slide or get out of bounds before getting hit.
Watson needs to also take the same precautions at the next level.