The Houston Texans have found their replacement for Brian Gaine.
Just last week that Houston Texans suffered a tough blow after losing front office executive Brian Gaine to the Buffalo Bills.
It looks like Houston may have found Gaine’s replacement.
Alex Marvez of Sporting News is reporting that the Texans will likely hire Jimmy Raye III to replace Gaine.
Raye worked for the Indianapolis Colts for past four years as he assisted former Colts’ general manager Ryan Grigson.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
Before his time with the Colts, Raye was a part of the San Diego Chargers scouting department for 17 years.
Raye was a big reason the Chargers drafted Hall of Fame running back Ladanian Tomlinson. But let’s be honest, Tomlinson was almost a can’t-miss prospect coming out of TCU.
Raye was also an offensive quality control coach with the Kansas City Chiefs in 1995, which is where his post-playing career started in the NFL.
Raye also had a brief NFL career with the Los Angeles Rams in 1991 as a player after attending San Diego State University.
Update: It’s now official. The Texans have announced that they’ve hired Raye.