It looks like the Houston Texans never signed Dare Ogunbowale.
Right after the 2017 NFL Draft ended, it was reported that the Texans had signed former Wisconsin running back Dare Ogunbowale.
This past weekend, the Texans released the names of every undrafted rookie free agent and Ogunbowale’s name wasn’t on the list.
As you can see, the Texans didn’t sign any running backs that went undrafted this year.
I don’t believe the reports of the Texans signing Ogunbowale were false. They were likely true at the time.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
As of right now there aren’t any indications as to what happened and Ogunbowale hasn’t signed with any other team, that we know of.
This is just me speculating, but I actually believe the Texans were going to sign Ogunbowale. My guess is that instead of pursuing a career in the NFL, he decided to pursue another path in his life.
This is the only thing that I could come up with as to why Ogunbowale hasn’t signed with an NFL team. He’s a talented player that could help a team as a change of pace back.
Feel free to comment below and give us your take on the situation.