The Houston Texans are losing Brian Gaine anyway even though he didn’t get the Buffalo Bills’ general manager job.
During their search for a new general manager, the Buffalo Bills interviewed Brain Gaine of the Houston Texans.
The Bills ended up hiring Brandon Beane as their general manager. But now they’ve announced that Gaine has been hired as their new Vice President of Player Personnel.
What’s really interesting is that Gaine had almost the same job with the Texans, but I’m assuming he’ll get more money in Buffalo and possibly more responsibility as well.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
This is certainly a big loss for the Texans and it will be interesting to see how they replace Gaine. My guess is that they will promote someone from within the organization.
Gaine learned from the great Bill Parcells and is very respected from around the NFL.
What’s really interesting is that the Texans had the choice to keep Gaine, but allowed him to leave and return home to his native New York, according to Ian Rapoport of NFL Media.
A classy move by a classy organization.
Feel free to comment below and weigh in on the loss of Brian Gaine.