I got a feeling the Houston Texans won’t get a quarterback until the second round of this year’s NFL draft.
Let me be clear.
This is not who I want the Texans to take in the first round.
Instead this is who I’m predicting Houston will use the 25th overall pick on.
So let’s get started.
With the 25th overall pick in the 2017 NFL draft, the Houston Texans select, Alabama offensive tackle Cam Robinson.
Ideally if the Texans are going to take an offensive tackle here, Garrett Bolles would be the best option, but I don’t believe he’ll make it past the Denver Broncos and New York Giants.
I would also prefer that the Texans take a quarterback like Mitchell Trubisky, DeShaun Watson or Patrick Mahomes in the first round. But I would be surprised if they’re available at 25.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
- Celebrate an amazing career with a new JJ Watt shirt from BreakingT
That being said, I believe Robinson has the best chance at being on the board and would be the best pick for the Texans.
The nice thing about Robinson is that he’s a left tackle that can slide in right away and play right tackle for the Texans as he gets acclimated to the NFL. He could take over on the left side once Duane Brown retires.