The Houston Texans can only hope that someone like DeShaun Watson falls to them.
I wrote earlier today that there is a report out that the Texans won’t reach for a quarterback in the first round.
The hope is of course that one will fall to Houston, who own the 25th overall pick.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media is reporting that the Texans are a team to watch when it comes to possibly drafting Clemson quarterback DeShaun Watson.
If Watson falls past the Cleveland Browns, New York Jets and Arizona Cardinals–who all draft in the top 13–there’s a chance he could slide to the Texans. Unless of course a team decides to trade up ahead of Houston to snatch up the former Clemson star.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
This year’s first round is very intriguing when it comes to where the quarterbacks in this year’s class will go because no one knows what’s going to happen.
Would you want the Texans to draft DeShaun Watson? Comment below.