Christian McCaffrey posses elite quickness to go along with his breakaway speed. He can make any defender miss at any point in the field and is a home run threat.
McCaffrey is easily the top receiving back in this year’s draft class. He runs routes so effortlessly and has a great feel for the field.
Due to his shiftiness, McCaffrey never gets hit cleanly by an opposing defender.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
An underrated aspect of his game: McCaffrey sets up his blockers really well and has great vision to go with his elite burst.
While not very good at it due to his size, McCaffrey is a willing blocker. He’s still a liability as a blocker but I like his effort.
McCaffrey’s size will keep him from running through NFL defenders. He can not truck anyone obviously, but he will still run hard and fight for extra yards.
Receiving: Reggie Bush
Running: Jamaal Charles
Fit with Texans
McCaffrey would be a great fit in the offense of Texans head coach Bill O’Brien, but Houston have so many more needs, that I can’t imagine them drafting him in the first round. He would be a fun fit for the Texans though. I hope that McCaffrey gets drafted by a team that has a creative offensive coach to properly utilize him.