Could CBS entice Tony Romo enough to retire now?
There have already been reports of both CBS and FOX wanting to hire Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo as he continues to wait to be either released or traded.
It looks like CBS has big plans for Romo.
Ian Rapoport of NFL Media is reporting that CBS wants to replace Phil Simms–who’s on their number one NFL broadcast team–with Romo.
I’m sure what Rapoport is reporting is true. But I wouldn’t be surprised if either the Cowboys or Romo’s agent had the news leaked in hopes of pressuring a team to get a trade done out of fear that he’ll retire.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
I don’t see that happening.
I’m sure this is something that peaks Romo’s interest. But as much as both FOX and CBS want him, they could wait another year or two as he finishes his NFL career.
Almost all NFL players dread retiring and tell other players to enjoy their time in the league while they’re still able to play the game of football.
If Romo had won a Super Bowl already, I think he would have retired at the end of this past season. But he still has some unfinished business to take care of.