A.J. Bouye is closer to leaving the Houston Texans.
Free agency officially kicks off later today and it’s almost certain that cornerback A.J. Bouye will not be back with the Houston Texans.
ESPN NFL Insider Adam Schefter broke the news on Thursday morning.
Aaron Wilson of the Houston Chronicle says Bouye is expected to stay in the AFC South.
With Bouye expected to sign a team within the division, that means he will not be playing for the San Francisco 49ers, Cleveland Browns or Philadelphia Eagles.
It’s going to be interesting to see where Bouye signs and for how much money. The Tennessee Titans, Indianapolis Colts and Jacksonville Jaguars can all afford to break the bank in order to sign him.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Now that Bouye won’t be back in Houston, the Texans will have to turn to the NFL draft to fill the void he’s leaves behind.
The bright side is the fact that this year’s draft is stacked with corners. The Texans could get a corner that’s a second round talent in the fourth round or later
The key for Houston is making sure they draft the right player.
Update: Welp, Bouye is really not coming back now.