Bill O’Brien on A.J. Bouye: ‘We want him back’
Even though the Houston Texans want to re-sign A.J. Bouye, it doen’t mean it will happen.
Houston Texans head coach Bill O’Brien addressed the media at the NFL Scouting Combine on Wednesday and made it clear that they want to re-sign cornerback A.J. Bouye.
It was confirmed on Wedenday by ESPN’s Adam Schefter that the Texans will not use their franchise tag on Bouye. So if they want to keep him they’ll need to get something done before free agency starts or hope they can fend off the competition when it begins.
Like every other NFL head coach, O’Brien says his team has a lot to improve on. I’m sure the top two things he wants to improve are his offensive line and quarterback play.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
O’Brien also touched on the Texans holding a portion of next season’s training camp in West Virginia.
O’Brien talked about J.J. Watt’s health.
O’brien really praised new assistant coach Wes Welker. He’s going to vital for the younger wide receivers like Braxton Miller and Will Fuller.
O’Brien expects DeAndre Hopkins to have a better year in 2017. I wouldn’t count on this unless the Texans get better quarterback play. A receiver can only do so much.
You can watch O’Brien’s entire press conference below.