Tony Romo could make the Texans Super Bowl contenders
Fox Sports 1’s Nick Wright was a guest host in place of Skip Bayless on UNDISPUTED on Thursday and said that if the Houston Texans end up signing Tony Romo they will become co-favorites in the AFC.
“I think Denver or Houston, if they sign him, become the co-favorites along with New England in the AFC. I think the teams are that good and I think Romo is that good,” said Wright.
Wright also said he’s shocked that Romo will be released and have a chance to choose where he plays next season.
I’m not sure why he’s surprised. Romo is injury prone and no other team wants to take over his current contract. It’s also the right thing for Jerry Jones to do.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Wright also doesn’t believe that Romo is as injury-prone as people make him out to be.
I see what Wright is saying. Romo didn’t miss any games from 2011-14. So he does have a point.
But of course Romo only played four games in 2015 before breaking his collarbone. Then of course he broke his back last summer.
The big worry about Romo is with him turning 37 years-old in April, it’s only going to get easier for his body to break down which will of course lead to more injuries.