Ex-Texan Mario Williams cut by Dolphins
Mario Williams’ time with the Dolphins didn’t last long.
The Mami Dolphins released former Houston Texans defensive end Mario Williams on Thursday.
The 32 year-old Williams seems to be washed up after recording 1.5 sacks in 2016 for Miami. It would be surprising if any teams decide to sign him this offseason.
Williams just signed a two-year, $17 million deal with the Dolphins last year and I’m sure they didn’t expect things to end this way.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
- Celebrate an amazing career with a new JJ Watt shirt from BreakingT
At least Williams was good locker room guy.
I wouldn’t get my hopes up on Williams coming back to the Texans. Houston doesn’t need a 32 year-old washed up defensive end. They have plenty of guys now that can get to the quarterback.
Williams had three good years with the Buffalo Bills where he recorded double digit sacks after leaving the Texans in 2012.
It’s amazing how quickly Williams’ career has gone by after being taken with the number one overall pick in the 2006 NFL Draft.
While Williams hasn’t been a bust, he’s not Hall of Fame worthy.