SI.com mock draft has Texans taking Ryan Ramczyk
Chris Burke of SI.com has released his latest NFL mock draft and has the Houston Texans taking Wisconsin offensive tackle Ryan Ramczyk.
There’s no doubt that Ramczyk would fill a need for the Texans at right tackle.
Here’s what Burke wrote:
"Derek Newton’s football future is in doubt after he tore both patellar tendons; Duane Brown, 32 in August, has no guaranteed money left on his contract. It’s time for the Texans to address their future at tackle. Ramczyk’s post-bowl hip surgery is a concern, but his quick-footed blocking on the move would make him a brilliant fit in Houston’s scheme."
One red flag with Ramczyk is that he took a year off from football in 2012, which has many people wondering how much he really loves the game. He claims he found his love for the sport during his time off.
“It’s definitely a different path than most,” Ramczyk said. “I found my love for football after I took that year off (in 2012) and ever since then it’s been in my mind to play in the NFL.”
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
On the other hand, Ramczyk may be what quarterback Brock Osweiler needs in order to help him stay comfortable in the pocket in order to deliver more efficient throws down the field.
Here’s a video of Ramczyk against Michigan from this past season.