Michigan star Jabrill Peppers wouldn’t be a bad option for the Houston Texans in this year’s NFL Draft.
Dane Brugler of CBS Sports has released his latest 2017 NFL Mock draft and has the Houston Texans using their first round pick on Peppers.
Here’s what Brugler wrote:
"Lack of a natural position could push him down draft boards, but Peppers is an explosive athlete who could blossom in a hybrid role once he focuses on that one position."
Peppers is an extremely talented player and if anyone can find a position for him to play, it would be Romeo Crennel.
When looking at Peppers, he’s built like a safety, which is likely where he’ll play in the NFL. The problem with him is he may not be quick enough to cover tight ends and running backs.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
- Celebrate an amazing career with a new JJ Watt shirt from BreakingT
If the Texans can use Peppers the way the New York Giants use safety Landon Collins, he might be able to flourish at the next level.
Collins isn’t great in coverage, but the Giants figured out how to use him according to his strengths.
While the Texans are great at the cornerback position, they need help at safety and Peppers would be a nice pick for them at