Texans vs. Lions – The Texans are 2.5 point favorites. The number is 45.5.
Both the Texans and Lions have 4-3 records. The Lions have the statistical edge in total offense and most passing categories including total passing yards and average yards per pass. The Texans have the edge in rushing including total yards and yards per attempt.
More from Houston Texans News
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
The Texans appear to have the defensive edge. Interestingly, every quarterback to face Detroit this year finished the game with a quarterback rating (qbr) over 100. In 5 of their last 6 games the Lions have allowed an opposing receiver to top 100 yards. This game offers a path to redemption for Brock Osweiler and DeAndre Hopkins.
The Lions are hot, having won 3 games in a row. However, their schedule has been much less formidable than the Texans’. The Patriots, Vikings, and Broncos have drubbed the Texans. The Lions have played none of them. Detroit lost by a touchdown to the Packers and won close games against the Eagles, Rams and Redskins in their last three outings.