As we quickly approach the start of training camp, we break down the Houston Texans roster by position, this time with the safeties
With the draft in the rearview mirror and mini-camps getting under way, the 2016 NFL season feels closer than ever. For fans of the Houston Texans, there’s plenty of reason to be excited about the start of this coming season.
To help us all get in the spirit, we will begin to break down the 2016 version of your Texans, and today the safeties get their turn in the spotlight.
The Texans headed into 2015 looking like they were solid at the safety spot. Their main reasoning for feeling good there was their free agent acquisition Rahim Moore, who was brought over on a three-year deal after spending four seasons with the Denver Broncos.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Moore never lived up to the team’s expectations and he wound up being a healthy scratch for a long stretch of the season and was cut by the team this previous March.
Despite Moore‘s ineffectiveness, Houston fielded a solid defense in 2015 and the back end of the secondary played a big role in that. For 2016, the majority of the players will be the same, the main question will be who has earned enough trust to see the field more this year.
Next: A converted corner