As we quickly approach the start of training camp, we break down the Houston Texans roster by position, beginning with quarterback
With the draft in the rearview mirror and mini-camps getting under way, the 2016 NFL season feels closer than ever. For fans of the Houston Texans, there’s plenty of reason to be excited about the start of this coming season.
To help us all get in the spirit, we will begin to break down the 2016 version of your Texans, beginning with the most important position on the roster, quarterback.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
- Celebrate an amazing career with a new JJ Watt shirt from BreakingT
Ever since Bill O’Brien took over as head coach in 2014, this has been a position in flux. The former Penn State coach first turned to the bearded wonder, Ryan Fitzpatrick. After injuries took their toll he turned to Ryan Mallett, then to Case Keenum and finally Tom Savage.
2015 wasn’t much better as they went from Brian Hoyer to Mallett again and then had to trust T.J. Yates and Brandon Weeden as well. Of course in the end they returned to Hoyer, who let the team down with four interceptions in their lone playoff game.
The team decided things would never get better as long as they tried to do patchwork at the quarterback spot, and they invested big in the position that matters most to the wins and losses.
Next: No competition this season