Who Will Houston Target in Round One Now?
By Josh McSwain
2 of 4
2. Vernon Butler, DT, Louisiana Tech
Butler is slightly bigger than Clark at 6-3 and 323 pounds. He had a good combine though his 40 time didn’t impress. But when exactly do you expect to see your nose tackle run 40 yards down the field in a straight line? Yeah, I thought so.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Sources say he is likely a top of the second round kind of guy, but without a full load of sure fire first round talents on the board Butler could see himself go in the first round of the draft. One thing he has over Clark is that his arms are a couple inches longer which helps in getting separation on the interior.