The Houston Texans may want to add more talent to their defensive secondary, here are five cornerback free agents they could look at to bolster the unit
Drafting cornerback Kevin Johnson in the first round last season and extending the contract of Kareem Jackson proved the Houston Texans are serious about becoming strong and young in the back end of their defense.
Will the team continue to look to upgrade this unit in 2016? If so, they may be looking to get Johnson on the field full-time as a starter after he spent his rookie season behind both Jackson and veteran Johnathan Joseph.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
With Joseph turning 32 before the start of next season they may decide if he isn’t a better starting option that it’s time to move on. Or the team may stick with their current top three corners and still look for talented players to contribute.
Whatever the reason, Houston may want to look at adding more corners, simply because in the NFL there is no such thing as too many cover guys.
Obviously the draft is an option for obtaining talent, but there are always solid finds via free agency. If the powers that be in Houston decide to look at the open market, here are five cornerbacks they could take a look at.
Next: Help in the return game and on defense