Houston Texans: Six free agent options at linebacker
Heading into the offseason the Houston Texans may be looking for some upgrades via free agency, here are six linebackers they can consider
The Houston Texans finished the 2015 season strong on the defensive side of the ball, especially when it came to pass rushing. That doesn’t mean that they can’t find a way to upgrade their defense during the offseason.
MUST READ: Six defensive line free agent options
Inside linebacker saw some solid play from Brian Cushing, who totaled 110 tackles on the season and rookie second rounder Benardrick McKinney recorded 63 tackles in 11 starts.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
On the outside Whitney Mercilus had a breakout season as he recorded 12.5 sacks and 2014 first overall pick Jadeveon Clowney started to come on but continued to battle injuries all season.
Still upgrades may be considered as McKinney is young, Cushing and Clowney have had several injury issues and the team started John Simon for half their games this season (although he did play well with five sacks on the year).
If the team did decide to look at free agency for some depth and potential upgrades, here are six players they can consider.
Next: Experienced back up from a 3-4 system