Sep 13, 2015; Houston, TX, USA; Houston Texans defensive end J.J. Watt (99) salutes after a defensive play during the third quarter against the Kansas City Chiefs at NRG Stadium. The Chiefs defeated the Texans 27-20. Mandatory Credit: Troy Taormina-USA TODAY Sports
Week 2 is finally here and it could not have come quick enough for those wanting to wash the bad taste out of their mouths following last weekend’s poor outing. There is some optimism however as the Houston Texans take to the road for the first time in 2015, and the reason for that optimism is a changing of the guard.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Mallett is be a relative unknown in the league as he has only 92 career passes since being taken in the third round of the 2011 NFL Draft by the New England Patriots. Yet still there is hope as he has shown some positive signs, whereas Hoyer has been a journeyman who has proven to be average at best.
So will the change at the quarterback spot be enough to get the win? Will the Panthers, who are without top receiver Kelvin Benjamin for the year be able to score enough to beat Houston?
Find out what our staff believes will happen come Sunday with our Week 2 predictions. And as always, if you like what the writer has to say, click their name to see more of their work!
Next: Click for our first prediction...