The final preseason game is tonight as the Houston Texans travel to Arlington to face their in-state rivals, the Dallas Cowboys. It’s a yearly battle, as the two teams meet in every preseason that doesn’t have them facing one another in the regular season.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
- There is just one way the Texans can lose the No. 1 pick
The Texas teams have met 11 times now, with the Cowboys holding a 6-5 edge in the fight for the Governor’s Cup. The preseason however is a little more friendly to Houston, as they lead the exhibition match ups 4-3.
For some players though, bragging rights and team rivalries mean little as they are out to fight for something even bigger, a spot on the final roster.
The Texans got down to 75 players after making their cuts on Tuesday and now will have to dwindle the numbers down to 53 by Saturday.
With the starters mostly sitting this one out some of the fringe players will get one last shot to prove to the coaching staff they belong. Here is a look at five of those players.
Next: Suddenly this spot is crowded