The Houston Texans made their first round of cuts Tuesday, just before the 4:00 pm EST deadline to get rosters down to 75 players. It is rare to see many big names cut by NFL teams during the first round of pink slips, and that remained the case with the Texans’ moves.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Antony Auclair becomes newest TE on roster
- Houston Texans Draft: D’Wayne Eskridge could be the 67th overall pick
- Houston Texans Draft: First 3 picks need to have strict focus
- Houston Texans Draft: Alim McNeill is needed for defensive line in 2021
- Houston Texans Draft: Payton Turner could add to rebuild of roster
After cutting safety Stevie Brown over the weekend they made 13 cuts and moved two players to injured lists. Houston cut wide receivers Alan Bonner, Travis Labhart and Jace Davis. Along the offensive line they let Aaron Adams, Cody White and Bryan Witzmann go.
To round out the offensive players to go, the team waived tight end Anthony Denham. Denham was waived due to injury as was safety Terrence Parks
Offensive lineman David Quessenberry was moved to the non-football illness list as he is still battling non-Hodgkin’s lymphoma. Rookie linebacker Reshard Cliett was placed on the injured reserve after tearing his ACL in camp.
The Texans, and the rest of the league have until Saturday September 5th at 4:00 pm EST to finish their cuts and get the rosters down to 53.