Houston Texans: Trailing 7-0 after a slow first half against Broncos
The Houston Texans are hosting some familiar faces tonight with former head coach Gary Kubiak and defensive coordinator Wade Phillips leading the Denver Broncos into town. At the half the half Kubiak is getting the best of his former team with a 7-0 lead in what has been a pretty sloppy game.
More from Toro Times
- Houston Texans: Can Sean Payton really be the next head coach?
- Houston Texans Draft: Michael Mayer should be a no doubter at pick 12
- Houston Texans already telling fans the Davis Mills era is over
- Houston Texans have hand forced, waste no time in firing Lovie Smith
- Houston Texans: Pros and Cons of keeping Head Coach Lovie Smith
Ryan Mallett got the start at quarterback and was less than impressive as he finished with 23 yards on five of seven passes. He led no scoring drives and was replaced after only a couple of drives by Brian Hoyer.
The offense didn’t look much better with Hoyer at the helm and he finished the half with 52 yards on seven of 11 passes.
The offensive line had no push and the run game was stagnant as well as starter Alfred Blue disappointed with only ten yards on four carries. Jonathan Grimes fared better than last week as he went for 23 yards on just five carries.
The defense has not recorded a sack or a turnover but the Broncos have been less than impressive on offense. Backup quarterback Brock Osweiler hit receiver Andre Caldwell for a 57 yard touchdown providing the only score of the contest.